Concept Artist (2+ Years Experience)
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
The Concept Artist will design and create 2D illustrations for characters and environments. They will help develop the look, feel, and overall visual identity of the games while working closely with the Art Director and Game Designer. The Concept Artist will also create final in-game art based on their original concept designs. The Concept artist will be responsible for the delivery of concept art visuals ranging from thumbnail sketches to highly finished in-game art as well as promotional artwork.
Responsibilities and requirements
- Create and design game environments, backgrounds, props, characters and game themes.
- Deliver illustrations under specific guidelines.
- Deliver quick sketches and mood boards.
- Solid grasp of color & value.
- Excellent understanding of design concepts.
- Experience of the art asset creation process.
- Ability to communicate visually.
- Research and incorporate visual reference into their work.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to specific game requirements based on that research.
- Is comfortable with different graphic styles.
- Should produce high quality illustrations in a reasonable time.
- Should efficiently apply a given graphic direction to their work.
- Should gather new references and trends.
- Should be able to understand what is successful in today’s graphics and why
- Should have structure to naming of the work and files.
- Use extended functions of 2D software to create graphic assets expected on the project
- Strong digital illustration and painting skills using Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to identify and define visual design issues and solutions.
- Ability to create drawn or painted images which illustrate the look, feel, design, and palette of the game / subject matter.