Mobile Game Tester (1 year)
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
Testing is a vital part of the quality control process when creating a mobile game. Your job will be to play test mobile games, find and record bugs. You will also report on the playability of the gaming and recommend what needs to be done to improve the game.
- Conduct white box and black box testing to ensure we ship high quality games on schedule
- Hands-on testing including functional, usability, balance, standards, stress, multiplayer, regression, scripted and ad hoc
- Provide necessary details about issues to the development team
- Deliver feedback to production and development on the state of the game via issues reported in a bug-tracking database
- Document bugs in the database
- Uncover exploits in gameplay, metagame and economy
- Help the development team track down hard to reproduce issues
- Logging and tracking bugs in a bug database
- Regressing and closing bugs upon completion
- Managing tasks and testing scope for a testing project
- Running and creating test cases against games and logging issues
- Work closely with producers throughout the product lifecycle
- Familiar with top mobile, tablet and free to play games
- Able to perform and adapt quickly in a creative, rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Must have a passion for games.
- Able to work independently or in small teams effectively.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to handle shifting schedules, multiple projects with flexible hours
- Understanding of product development cycles.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Inquisitive mindset with a passion for casual gaming.
- Experience logging bugs, and how to reproduce them.
- Experience with social/mobile app game testing is a plus
- Experience with “Free-to-play” game mechanics and processes, particularly consistent game updating processes is a plus
- Experience with server/client testing is a plus