Tech Lead/ Lead Programmer (5+ Years)
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
Avakai Games is looking for a Technical Lead who is ready to manage a team of programmers and work collaboratively across the game development team to build great games for mobile devices. You will be challenged with leading decisions around architecture and the overall technical direction for the games team. You will help shape the vision and plan for the implementation of programming, debugging, and game optimisation.
- Lead a team of Unity game programmers in developing casual mobile games.
- Creating and managing production schedules
- Direct game team’s strategy for identifying and implementing best practices around the software development and testing processes
- Work with producers, designers and art directors to deliver high quality games and maintain on-going live operations
- Guide architecture and framework decisions through informed technical strategy
- Inspired to not only lead, but also mentor less seasoned Unity developers
- Stay current on overall mobile, and casual game best practices.
- Previous experience leading a team of Unity programmers.
- Successfully shipped games developed in Unity for mobile devices (links to shipped games encouraged)
- Must be well versed in Unity.
- Extensive background in object oriented programming (.NET/ C# ideal)
- Knowledge of back-end server architecture
- Experience with F2P game development.
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices)
- Gameplay systems design and implementation.
- Find creative technical solutions to design challenges.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
- Strong analysis and debugging skills.